New Trail Maps 2014/15

35 replies to this topic

#1 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

Okemo's new map showing the Sunburst Six and future South Face Village trails/lifts.

Attached File(s)

- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#2 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

New Jackson Hole map from Powder Magazine's website showing the future Teton lift. The whole base area was also repainted.

Attached File(s)

- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#3 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

James Niehues is finishing up a long-overdue new map base for Deer Valley. Here's the partially-finished base with lifts drawn in, much closer to scale than the old version

Posted Image
- Tyler
West Palm Beach, FL - elev. 9 feet

#4 DonaldMReif

Established User

• 1,980 Posts:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

The official Breckenridge trail map isn't out yet but I imagine that this, created by Photoshopping last year's map, is what lower Peak 8 will look like with the upgraded Colorado SuperChair.

Attached File  Colorado SuperChair for 2014.jpg (1MB)
Number of downloads: 109

This post has been edited by DonaldMReif: 07 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

YouTube channel for chairlift POV videos and other random stuff:
https://www.youtube....TimeQueenOfRome

#5 SkiDaBird

Established User

• 509 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Niehues is also working on the Big Sky map. From what I have seen on Facebook, it looks very nice.

#6 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

The new Deer Valley mapPosted Image
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#7 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Came out nice, more similar to the old one than I was expecting but a much more accurate way to show Lady Morgan. They spelled "Perseverance" wrong in two different ways - wonder if this has gone to print yet
- Tyler

#8 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Here's the new Sun Valley map, showing 2 fewer lifts than last year.

http://d26zlhfpekbdm..._winter_map.pdf
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#9 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

DV corrected the spelling mistakes:
http://cdn.deervalle...terTrailMap.jpg

They'll need another new one in a few years if this Solitude interconnect happens.

Hoping Vail doesn't computerize PCMR
- Tyler

#10 TheEpicPancake

Established User

• 48 Posts:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

View Postfloridaskier, on 09 October 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

Hoping Vail doesn't computerize PCMR

This is a very valid concern! Niehues' work is far and away the best in the industry. Some of these computer generated maps are just horrendous, and lets not even go into how bad Breckenridge's map is. I wonder if they will commission a new large map of the combined PCMR and Canyons, or keep the maps separate? If so, I surely hope they call on Niehues to make it. I think it would be nice if they had 3 maps - the 2 separate ones, and the 1 combined map. That way you could take the map relevant to the area you were skiing that day.

#11 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostTheEpicPancake, on 09 October 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

This is a very valid concern! Niehues' work is far and away the best in the industry. Some of these computer generated maps are just horrendous, and lets not even go into how bad Breckenridge's map is. I wonder if they will commission a new large map of the combined PCMR and Canyons, or keep the maps separate? If so, I surely hope they call on Niehues to make it. I think it would be nice if they had 3 maps - the 2 separate ones, and the 1 combined map. That way you could take the map relevant to the area you were skiing that day.

James Niehues posted on his Facebook in January that he is retiring although some projects will be too good to pass up.
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#12 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

New Hyak map

Attached File(s)

- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#13 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,899 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

Cool. I'm surprised they didn't cut an egress route from the bottom of the new chair 3, possibly connecting with the crossover from Ski Acres. Also, it's been a (really) long time since I skied there, but I don't remember the old 3 liftline being called 'Hyak Face'?
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

#14 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:12 AM

View Postliftmech, on 11 October 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Cool. I'm surprised they didn't cut an egress route from the bottom of the new chair 3, possibly connecting with the crossover from Ski Acres. Also, it's been a (really) long time since I skied there, but I don't remember the old 3 liftline being called 'Hyak Face'?

You're right. I remember it as Grayson's. Hyak isn't even the official name of the area anymore
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#15 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,899 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Neither is Ski Acres or Snoqualmie, but that's what we all know them by, right? :rolleyes: Grayson's does sound familiar.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

#16 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

New Big Sky maps:
http://bigskyresort....ullTrailMap.pdf

Things I noticed on first glance:
Cabin is listed as a double although it is actually a triple.
The lodge at the top of Andesite which has been closed since the Spanish Peaks bankruptcy is reopening as Everett's 8,800
It looks like they totally eliminated the Pony Express base facilities
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#17 boardski

Established User

• Industry II
  • 760 Posts:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

I also thought Lone Tree was a quad and it is listed as triple. I know Lone Peak and Lone Moose are triples.
Skiing since 1977, snowboarding since 1989

#18 missouriskier

Established User

• 187 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, Operating Construction Equipment, Driving

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

View Postboardski, on 21 October 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

I also thought Lone Tree was a quad and it is listed as triple. I know Lone Peak and Lone Moose are triples.

I have been excitedly waiting to see this new map. Lone Tree is positively a quad. I rode it two winters ago multiple times with the other three members of my family in the same chair. Also, I didn't know there were any facilities at the bottom of Pony Express. I guess I never skied down there and rode that lift. I do see a parking lot on the map at the bottom of it.

It is good to hear that beautiful lodge is reopening. That was a location that could really use an on-mountain restaurant.

#19 vons

Established User

• Industry II
  • 939 Posts:

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

There haven't been any facilities at the bottom of pony in 3-4 years and Lone Pine is a quad. The lodge at the top of Andesite will be a nice addition, It was a shame that it took so long to sort it all out.

#20 Backbowlsbilly

Established User

• 254 Posts:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I saw that the Spanish Peaks lifts were on there, does that mean if you buy a ticket to Big Sky, you get access to the Spanish Peaks lifts too?

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users