Midstations

84 replies to this topic

#81 trtam

New User

• 8 Posts:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:36 PM

Alta in Little Cottonwood Canyon, Salt Lake City, Utah has their new lift called Collins. It has a mid-loading angled station. They send every 10th chair up empty for the midloading to work. You can't download, though.

#82 ceo

Established User

• 59 Posts:

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

heavenly_romer, on Apr 14 2005, 01:22 AM, said:

The drive is in the midstation, with tensioning in both the bottom and top.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The old Sugarloaf gondola (PHB) was the same way, enabling them to run only the lower section on windy days. For a couple years in the 90's, after they stopped running the entire lift and had taken out the Timberline T-bar (the only other summit access), they ran the top section only, having turned around the, er, turnaround track in the midstation.

#83 heavenly_romer

HI

• 316 Posts:

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:51 PM

Does the hot wheels chair at Alpine have a mid station that they just stopped using? THere is a section where the uphill side dips down near the ground and there are signs saying "DO NOT UNLOAD"

This post has been edited by heavenly_romer: 24 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

#84 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

I guess the Collins Express at Alta will be two seperate lifts in the near future. Alta has plans of putting gondola cabins on the lower section and then running chairs on the upper. The cabins and chairs will then turn around and head down/up in the mid station. It kind of sounds pointless to put cabins on a lift that the slope length is only 2000 ft.
- Cameron

#85 Yaoma

Established User

• Industry II
  • 156 Posts:
  • Interests:down hill / freeride mtn bike
    mines PBR old cars
    WWII

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

View PostISMrider, on Mar 7 2005, 10:12 PM, said:

At Killington they use two haul ropes so they just run one half of the lift...The Skyship gondola

pictures coming

Skyship is actually 2 gondolas which controles are slaved together and also can run independent
the inerconect is impressive these's alot if tires upwhere... all of which need to be checked
i got to help out with accel / decel belts over the summer...
funny though how many people think that its just one lift...

almost as bad as the question i allways get...
"So what do you don in the summer?"

Attached File  skyship.jpg (237.95K)
Number of downloads: 62
B

K2-29 clear

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users