New Lifts 2016

170 replies to this topic

#1 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Snowmass plans to build a realigned High Alpine detachable quad for 2016: http://www.aspentime...co-lift-burkley
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#2 jaytrem

Established User

• 217 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

I guess we can put the Hermitage (aka Haystack) Six-Pack Bubble in this thread. Good chance Sunapee will continue playing more musical chairs too. Come to think of it Hermitage will probably be summer 2015, sorry.

This post has been edited by jaytrem: 09 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

#3 SkiForChairlifts

Established User

• 44 Posts:
  • Interests:Chairlifts,

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Peter, on 09 August 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Snowmass plans to build a realigned High Alpine detachable quad for 2016: http://www.aspentime...co-lift-burkley

It's their last original chair.

#4 LuvPow

Established User

• Industry II
  • 220 Posts:

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

This is not in N.America, but found it interesting as it is being built by a rather new lift company Bartholet http://www.bmf-ag.ch/

Nothing is so perfectly amusing as a total change of ideas.
Laurence Sterne

#5 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Article in the Park Record about Deer Valley's gondola plans, which now sound like a 2016 project. They are considering two options: a gondola direct from Silver Lake to Main Street by the transit center and City Hall, or two gondolas, one from the transit center to a spot on Lucky Bill (halfway up Silver Lake Express), and a new gondola to replace Silver Lake with a midstation to connect. The article says Doppelmayr, no surprise there

They also say that work could begin as soon as this summer on the Wasatch County expansion down by Mayflower and the Jordanelle.

http://www.parkrecor...-gondola-or-two
- Tyler
West Palm Beach, FL - elev. 9 feet

#6 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

The Forest Service is taking comments on Jackson Hole's proposed Sweetwater Gondola and Eagle's Rest triple:

Sweetwater 8 passenger gondola
Mid load/unload at Solitude with cabin parking facility
2,000 skiers per hour
4,500' long
1,300' vertical
Unload at either Casper Restaurant or a new restaurant at "the crossing" (the latter would require and angle station)

Eagle's Rest triple in a new alignment
Relocated from Sweetwater
1,200 skiers per hour
280' vertical

Lots more details here: http://a123.g.akamai...LT3_2408062.pdf

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  1.jpg (871.02K)
    Number of downloads: 215
  • Attached File  2.jpg (826.95K)
    Number of downloads: 199

- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#7 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Relocate the existing Sweetwater Tripple Yan? That's the former Eskimo Tripple (Yan, after the Riblet) from Winter Park...
Ryan

#8 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

RibStaThiok, on 07 January 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Relocate the existing Sweetwater Tripple Yan? That's the former Eskimo Tripple (Yan, after the Riblet) from Winter Park...

This would be its 4th incarnation...it was Zephyr at Winter Park before it was Eskimo. Along the way it has been upgraded with Poma chairs/line equipment, CTEC controls and hydraulic tensioning.
- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#9 Snowy Ferries

Established User

• 154 Posts:
  • Interests:Skilifts, Ferryboats, Skiing

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Seattle may be getting an Urban Gondola System in 2016

http://www.seattleme...ably-march-2014

This, for me, is the most exciting idea I've seen in a long time. I could ride the Bremerton Ferry into Seattle, then go from the Ferry to the Gondola. It's a Win-Win!

#10 DonaldMReif

Established User

• 1,980 Posts:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Silver Lake seems to be in an alignment where a gondola would be more appropriate. Those who want the chairlift alternative can use Carpenter and ski downhill.
YouTube channel for chairlift POV videos and other random stuff:
https://www.youtube....TimeQueenOfRome

#11 jaytrem

Established User

• 217 Posts:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

While skiing at Soldier Mountain in ID the other day I learned they're currently in possession of two used Yans. One is from Squaw and the other from Sun Valley. I didn't think to ask if they were doubles or triples. Don, the manager there was kind enough to show me what they hope to do with them (they have a big topo hanging in the lodge of an old master plan). The first lift would go from the bottom of the north side to a knoll in the mid mountain area. The trails over there would be expanded downward below the current cutback (on google you can see some have already been cut). That would eliminate the long traverse back and provide easy access to the most reliable snow on the mountain. The second lift would be a beginner lift near the base lodge. Basically a step up from the magic carpet. Currently it's quite a jump from the carpet to the chair. He also mentioned that they would love to eventually expand to the upper peaks where they currently run the cat skiing operation. Lots of enthusiasm there!!! I had a great day, hopefully they'll have some new lift next time I get by.

#12 Abneric

New User

• 4 Posts:
  • Interests:SKIING

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

I know there may be works for replacing Albion and wildcat in alta. But nothin really stable. Albion haven't run in years and is taking up space. Their couple of little beginner lifts are pretty stupid as its a bad place to learn how to ski.

#13 SkiDaBird

Established User

• 509 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Abneric, on 17 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I know there may be works for replacing Albion and wildcat in alta. But nothin really stable. Albion haven't run in years and is taking up space. Their couple of little beginner lifts are pretty stupid as its a bad place to learn how to ski.

Albion runs every year during very high traffic days. I've heard second hand both Wildcat and Supreme are the next replacements at Alta, but never anything about Albion.

#14 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

Abneric, on 17 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Albion haven't run in years and is taking up space.

Why not?
Ryan

#15 Abneric

New User

• 4 Posts:
  • Interests:SKIING

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

RibStaThiok, on 18 February 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

Why not?
no clue!

#16 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

I was at Alta on Christmas Eve and Albion was running. It's almost the same terrain as Sunnyside, which doesn't seem to have a line. Has to be pretty low priority. Rumor around there was Supreme was getting replaced next, in the next year or two. Big line there that day
- Tyler
West Palm Beach, FL - elev. 9 feet

#17 iceberg210

Bald Eagle Lifts: Defying Gravity

• Administrator II
  • 1,079 Posts:
  • Interests:42

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

jaytrem, on 15 February 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

While skiing at Soldier Mountain in ID the other day I learned they're currently in possession of two used Yans. One is from Squaw and the other from Sun Valley. I didn't think to ask if they were doubles or triples. Don, the manager there was kind enough to show me what they hope to do with them (they have a big topo hanging in the lodge of an old master plan). The first lift would go from the bottom of the north side to a knoll in the mid mountain area. The trails over there would be expanded downward below the current cutback (on google you can see some have already been cut). That would eliminate the long traverse back and provide easy access to the most reliable snow on the mountain. The second lift would be a beginner lift near the base lodge. Basically a step up from the magic carpet. Currently it's quite a jump from the carpet to the chair. He also mentioned that they would love to eventually expand to the upper peaks where they currently run the cat skiing operation. Lots of enthusiasm there!!! I had a great day, hopefully they'll have some new lift next time I get by.

They were both doubles when they got taken out. However if they get installed as such is a different story, but you didn't hear that from me ;)
Erik Berg
http://www.baldeaglelifts.com

#18 jaytrem

Established User

• 217 Posts:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

iceberg210, on 20 February 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

They were both doubles when they got taken out. However if they get installed as such is a different story, but you didn't hear that from me ;)

Single chairs return to ID??? Awesome!!! :-)

#19 iceberg210

• Administrator II
  • 1,079 Posts:
  • Interests:42

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

As much fun as that would be and as much as I'd love to see that looks like bigger not smaller chairs ;) There is a single chair still up just outside of Sun Valley back near one of those developments. Neat thing to see some random single chair running up one of the hills there.
Erik Berg
http://www.baldeaglelifts.com

#20 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

You are referring to the old Proctor Mountain and Christmas Ski Lifts, the first skilift ever made. She hasn't run in decades and one of them ended up at Mt. Eyak, Alaska and ran from the late 60s till just last year and appears to have been removed :(

http://www.vintagesn.../chairlift1.htm
Ryan

2 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users