Tenney Mountain Ski Area Sold

3 replies to this topic

#1 NHskier13

Established User

• 567 Posts:
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Not sure if anyone here heard, but according to a news report I saw, the idle Tenney Mountain ski area in NH was sold.

"Nearly four years after being sold at auction to Iroquois Capital Management, LLC, Tenney Mountain ski area has been acquired by Tenney Mountain Development Group, LLC via quitclaim deed.

Tenney Mountain Development Group, LLC, also known as TMDG, was registered as a New Hampshire company on October 17, 2014. The Windham, New Hampshire company's President is Michael Bouchard, who appears to have been involved in multiple wireless technology businesses.

The troubled ski area last operated during the 2009-10 season, after which it found itself on the auction block. Originally opened in 1960, Tenney struggled through numerous ownership changes and closures. Since its most recent closure, Groton Wind was constructed near the top of the ski area, casting turbine shadows down the quickly overgrowing ski slopes. While some snowmaking equipment has been sold, the chairlifts remain standing."

I remember the last time I skied Tenney. I was still very young, and I remember the Hornet and Eclipse chairs being one of the first I ever rode in my life.

Just a little news I found, thought it would be interesting to share. I don't know if the ski area will operate again, there is windmills on the hill now. I remember there being plans for a high speed quad, but they invested $1 million on snowmaking gear instead, which has been sold.

This post has been edited by NHskier13: 02 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

#2 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

They have the following:
Eclipse- Triple Borvig/Poma hybrid installed in 1987
Hornet- Double Stadeli Installed in 1964 rebuilt in 86/87
Platter- Installed in 1988

Windmills, you say? No problem.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by RibStaThiok: 02 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Ryan

#3 NHskier13

Established User

• 567 Posts:
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Haven't been up to the top of Tenney for a while. Looks like you need to get a good "grounds crew" for it though :P
I think my favorite trails had to be the lift lines for the chairlifts. Now a couple questions about the lifts, because I was curious
Are the carriers on the Hornet Meullers? (They look similar to the chairs used on the Peak double at Pat's Peak.)
Does anyone happen to know what parts the Eclipse were Borvig (I mean, I know the chairs and the drive terminal are, but anything else?)
I think I was here on this particular day in 2006, the image kind of strikes me as a familiar point of view.
Posted Image

#4 william b

Established User

• Industry II
  • 122 Posts:

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostNHskier13, on 03 December 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Haven't been up to the top of Tenney for a while. Looks like you need to get a good "grounds crew" for it though :P
I think my favorite trails had to be the lift lines for the chairlifts. Now a couple questions about the lifts, because I was curious
Are the carriers on the Hornet Meullers? (They look similar to the chairs used on the Peak double at Pat's Peak.)
Does anyone happen to know what parts the Eclipse were Borvig (I mean, I know the chairs and the drive terminal are, but anything else?)
I think I was here on this particular day in 2006, the image kind of strikes me as a familiar point of view.
Posted Image

The carriers on the Stadeli summit chairlift are Stadeli double chairs, though not the original center-post chairs from the 1960's. The Eclipse lift has a Borvig drive terminal and bullwheel, Borvig triple chairs, Poma towers and line equipment, and a Poma return terminal with a Poma bullwheel.

wbl

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users