Jump to content


YAN chairs needed


12 replies to this topic

#1 Emax

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

Brian Head Resort is looking for 65 steel chairs to fit the '85 bale used for the unfortunate plastic chairs.

It isn't that we don't love the plastic ones... we just want to make some yard furniture from them. :biggrin:

Call 435 677 2412 or PM Emax.
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#2 Emax

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Wow! There must be someone who has these.
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#3 Allan

    Maintenance Manager

  • Administrator I
  • 2,725 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

We've got a bunch of TB-81RB entire carriers Did the later model baskets separate from the bails? I would imagine you don't want them all the way from Canada :) I'm also not sure on numbers since trees have been attacking them where they lay (& they're buried right now...)
- Allan

#4 Lift Dinosaur

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,001 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Emax- If you could reference a drawing number that would be helpful.
My recollection is that the plastic seats "dropped into" a full circle bale while the metal seats bolted via a connection plate that was welded to the bale down tubes. There was no bale under the metal seats as with the plastic ones.
Make sense?

Dino
"Things turn out best for the people that make the best of the way things turn out." A.L.

#5 skiersage

    SAM student

  • Administrator I
  • 858 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

View PostLift Dinosaur, on 16 February 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

Emax- If you could reference a drawing number that would be helpful.
My recollection is that the plastic seats "dropped into" a full circle bale while the metal seats bolted via a connection plate that was welded to the bale down tubes. There was no bale under the metal seats as with the plastic ones.
Make sense?

Dino


What emax is talking about is a retrofit for the yans that had plastic seats. It is a metal basket like the ones on older yan lifts that fits onto the bail that you describe. A picture of a retrofitted carrier at sundance:
Posted Image
-Sage


If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And then find someone whose life is giving them vodka and have a party.
-Ron White

#6 Emax

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

Skiersage (above) is right - this would be the most direct change-out.

The chairs that Allen describes (above) would also work - changing bales and all. As long as they'll fit the "taco" hanger connection, either type should work.

We'll happily swap for plastic lawn couches... or green money.
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#7 Lift Dinosaur

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,001 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

View Postskiersage, on 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM, said:

What emax is talking about is a retrofit for the yans that had plastic seats. It is a metal basket like the ones on older yan lifts that fits onto the bail that you describe. A picture of a retrofitted carrier at sundance:
Posted Image

So who produced them, in what year, and how many are out there?

Dino
"Things turn out best for the people that make the best of the way things turn out." A.L.

#8 Outback

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 170 Posts:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

CTEC did a mod at one time....also did a restraining bar and bracket for similiar vintage.
(Vintage defined as younger than me and you Dino!) (Spoke with Cha-Cha @ SV this morning...vintage)
Emax, call Jan Leonard, he might be able to help or agitate.
Craig

#9 Lift Dinosaur

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,001 Posts:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

Thanks Sage and Outback. I've seen the CTEC and Doppel fixes, but that chair at Sundance looks "factory" and I had never seen that model before.
You ain't old as long as you can keep learning... :thumbsup:

Dino
"Things turn out best for the people that make the best of the way things turn out." A.L.

#10 Peter Pitcher

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 192 Posts:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

View PostEmax, on 11 February 2010 - 02:02 PM, said:

Brian Head Resort is looking for 65 steel chairs to fit the '85 bale used for the unfortunate plastic chairs.

It isn't that we don't love the plastic ones... we just want to make some yard furniture from them. :biggrin:

Call 435 677 2412 or PM Emax.


#11 Peter Pitcher

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 192 Posts:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

It seems the easiest fix would be to replace the bail and basket together as there are many of these around. You need to have a gusset welded on the bail where it attaches to the taco(the ones from Sundance don't seem to have them. I have about 30 TB 77 chair-bail combinations and about 30 TB81 chair-bail combos but I am looking for a YAN triple to replace and older Miner Denver and I might need them. If I could get the exhibition lift from Arapahoe, I would need about 50 more chairs. Hans Burkhardt from Squaw Valley has some listed in resortboneyard.com for $250 each or you could call him 1 775 240 7083. I am looking for either a YAN or Riblet triple if you know any.

#12 Emax

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

View PostPeter Pitcher, on 17 February 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

It seems the easiest fix would be to replace the bail and basket together as there are many of these around. You need to have a gusset welded on the bail where it attaches to the taco(the ones from Sundance don't seem to have them. I have about 30 TB 77 chair-bail combinations and about 30 TB81 chair-bail combos but I am looking for a YAN triple to replace and older Miner Denver and I might need them. If I could get the exhibition lift from Arapahoe, I would need about 50 more chairs. Hans Burkhardt from Squaw Valley has some listed in resortboneyard.com for $250 each or you could call him 1 775 240 7083. I am looking for either a YAN or Riblet triple if you know any.


Thanx, Peter. We also figured out that the TB81s would work. Have contacted Hans, Ken and Gary - seems like we can fill our need amongst them.

Oh man, don't get the Riblet, get a Yan - they are much easier for Ed and I to build controls for.

Bud
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#13 Peter Pitcher

    Established User

  • Industry II
  • 192 Posts:

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostEmax, on 17 February 2010 - 12:27 PM, said:

Thanx, Peter. We also figured out that the TB81s would work. Have contacted Hans, Ken and Gary - seems like we can fill our need amongst them.

Oh man, don't get the Riblet, get a Yan - they are much easier for Ed and I to build controls for.

Bud

Hey Bud: Do you have any of the hangers for the TB 76, the kind that use the TEE grip and are you having any luck finding seats?
Thank you Peter





1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users