Breckenridge Colorado Superchair Lift on Diesel

Diesel Colorado Superchair

2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkV

New User

• 5 Posts:

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:55 AM

I've asked various people why the Colorado Superchair at Breckenridge has been running on diesel for most of February and March, 2023. I've been told they are just trying to use up old diesel fuel or it's cheaper than running on electric or the electric motor is burned out. All I know is that it's noisy and it smells and none of the other lifts are running on diesel engines.

Does anyone know actual reason?

If this is backup motor, is there a backup to the backup?

#2 v12tommy

New User

• 4 Posts:

Posted 11 April 2023 - 12:12 PM

View PostMarkV, on 05 April 2023 - 05:55 AM, said:

I've asked various people why the Colorado Superchair at Breckenridge has been running on diesel for most of February and March, 2023. I've been told they are just trying to use up old diesel fuel or it's cheaper than running on electric or the electric motor is burned out. All I know is that it's noisy and it smells and none of the other lifts are running on diesel engines.

Trying to use up old diesel fuel I could see being a good excuse for a day or two, but not several weeks like you mentioned. We used to do that for the generator at the office building I used to work at. I don't know of Fail Resorts' protocols, but I'd think if they wanted to use up a bunch of old fuel, sticking it into the groomers would be a much more efficient use of it. Backup diesels are routinely started up to make sure they are operating properly, but not for as long as you stated.

#3 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 03 May 2023 - 08:09 AM

View PostMarkV, on 05 April 2023 - 05:55 AM, said:

I was told the electric motor shelled when I visited their shop to borrow some parts. V12 is correct about diesel going into groomers- we do that here when we need to empty a tank.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users