Here's what Peter has:
https://liftblog.com/new-lifts-2017/

#3 NHskier13

Established User

• 567 Posts:
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

"Loon Mountain, New Hampshire : Riverwalk Gondola"

Never heard of this, I assume it's gonna gap the bases while running along the river? Could be useful I suppose, not just for loon skiers too.

Also what does 8-MGFP mean? Monocable gondola I believe, but I dunno what FP means

#4 _litz

Established User

• 154 Posts:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

Fixed Grip, maybe, e.g. a Pulse Gondola ?

#5 Andy1962

Established User

• 209 Posts:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostNHskier13, on 18 July 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

"Loon Mountain, New Hampshire : Riverwalk Gondola"

Never heard of this, I assume it's gonna gap the bases while running along the river? Could be useful I suppose, not just for loon skiers too.

Also what does 8-MGFP mean? Monocable gondola I believe, but I dunno what FP means

Internet webpage "mention" of the new gondola at Loon here:
http://www.unionlead...ring-completion

#6 machskier

Established User

• 70 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, mountain biking, cycling, hiking, kayaking

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

The new Loon Gondola will just cross the Pemi from the new Riverwalk resort complex behind the Mill complex to the future base of South Peak (this will be the bottom of the proposed beginner pod there, right where the bridge is and where escape route currently ends at nothing). Yes, it will be a pulse gondola due to short length. My understanding is the public access point to south will change from the current location to the new base at the bridge. Doubt this gondola goes in during this timeframe as it seems the beginner pod keeps getting pushed back.

#7 NHskier13

Established User

• 567 Posts:
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

And it seems pointless without the beginner pod to install it.
Kind of wouldn't want a lift crossing that river. I like it in it's natural state in a weird way, memories and all, but hey it's not my decision

#8 machskier

Established User

• 70 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, mountain biking, cycling, hiking, kayaking

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostNHskier13, on 18 July 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

And it seems pointless without the beginner pod to install it.
Kind of wouldn't want a lift crossing that river. I like it in it's natural state in a weird way, memories and all, but hey it's not my decision

My understanding is there is also suppose to be a skier/pedestrian bridge next to the auto bridge as well so Riverwalk is lift out, ski in.

#9 seatoski

New User

• Industry I
  • 8 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

Mt. Bachelor is expanding terrain by adding a new HSQ, Cloudchaser. The name Cloudchaser was conceived by Tom Lomax, Mt. Bachelor’s Director of Mountain Operations. It pays tribute to the mountain’s unique weather patterns and the phenomenon whereby approaching clouds from the west tend to dissipate and disappear altogether as they wrap around the summit and pass to Mt. Bachelor’s east side.

http://www.mtbachelor.com/cloudchaser/

#10 Andy1962

Established User

• 209 Posts:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

View Postseatoski, on 21 July 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Mt. Bachelor is expanding terrain by adding a new HSQ, Cloudchaser. The name Cloudchaser was conceived by Tom Lomax, Mt. Bachelor’s Director of Mountain Operations. It pays tribute to the mountain’s unique weather patterns and the phenomenon whereby approaching clouds from the west tend to dissipate and disappear altogether as they wrap around the summit and pass to Mt. Bachelor’s east side.

http://www.mtbachelor.com/cloudchaser/

already noted in the 2016 installs list. Cloudchaser at Mt. Bachelor is being installed in the 2016 construction season (this summer) to be ready for the 2016-2017 ski season

#11 Smacpats

Established User

• 217 Posts:

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

Hopefully Telluride Plunge HSQ and Sunshine gondola by 2017?

This post has been edited by Smacpats: 07 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

#12 boardski

Established User

• Industry II
  • 760 Posts:

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Maybe Beavers FGQ at Arapahoe basin and is that new HSQ lift 5 at Taos going in soon?
Skiing since 1977, snowboarding since 1989

#13 Conrad

Established User

• 167 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, Hockey

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:03 AM

New t-bar at Burke next summer.
http://www.newenglan...php?storyid=463

#14 Abneric

New User

• 4 Posts:
  • Interests:SKIING

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

Nice to see this thread blossomed. I hope Vail starts announcing things for One Park City, I have a feeling pioneer and town could get replacements, and later on jupiter and thaynes, I will be sad to see thaynes go, as it is my favorite chair ever. My father still sad about southridge triple in killington. Side note, after riding the lift like 50 times I finally timed it perfectly and got the golden number 50 chair. I let people ahead of me and pretended to stumble and wait one more chair and got it. The lifty knew I had been chasing it. hahaha

#15 floridaskier

Established User

• Administrator I
  • 2,814 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

Wonder if Vail has any money left over after their recent shopping spree. I would think Vail will spend money on The Canyons before they try One Wasatch. Vail doesn't own the other end of it (it would benefit Deer Valley-Solitude and Boyne more than anyone else), and the town of Park City is working on a land deal to make it harder to build up at Guardsman Pass
- Tyler
West Palm Beach, FL - elev. 9 feet

#16 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

The top station of Pioneer always reminded me of that of a YAN.
Ryan

#17 skierdude9450

Established User

• 1,484 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, sailing, music.

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

A-Basin recently got initial approval by the Forest Service for their master plan, so it's possible that we could see a new lift or two there. I think Pali and Molly Hogan replacements were first on the schedule before the Beavers expansion.
-Matt

"Today's problems cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

#18 Tin Woodsman

Established User

• 93 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostAbneric, on 08 August 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

Nice to see this thread blossomed. I hope Vail starts announcing things for One Park City, I have a feeling pioneer and town could get replacements, and later on jupiter and thaynes, I will be sad to see thaynes go, as it is my favorite chair ever.

Far more important than either of those, IMHO, would be potential upgrade for Dreamcatcher and, much more interestingly, the potential new Sunrise lift in the new Canyons base concept Vail recently produced. It appears to offer one-ride access to the south side of the resort, potentially even to Quicksilver. Park City has a loooong way to go in order to be truly woven together as a singular skiing experience worthy of the marketing hype, but those two lifts would go a long way towards making it a reality.

This post has been edited by Tin Woodsman: 10 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

#19 TheEpicPancake

Established User

• 48 Posts:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostTin Woodsman, on 10 August 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

Far more important than either of those, IMHO, would be potential upgrade for Dreamcatcher and, much more interestingly, the potential new Sunrise lift in the new Canyons base concept Vail recently produced. It appears to offer one-ride access to the south side of the resort, potentially even to Quicksilver. Park City has a loooong way to go in order to be truly woven together as a singular skiing experience worthy of the marketing hype, but those two lifts would go a long way towards making it a reality.

Where did you hear about the new Sunrise lift at the Canyons base? Are there any links or articles about that?

#20 SkiDaBird

Established User

• 509 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostTheEpicPancake, on 11 August 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Where did you hear about the new Sunrise lift at the Canyons base? Are there any links or articles about that?

It was on a liftblog news post a week or two ago. Peter had a link.

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users