392 replies to this topic

#41 lastchair_44

Established User

• Administrator II
  • 1,159 Posts:

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

View PostEmax, on Jan 6 2007, 01:57 PM, said:

"is that my buddy Johnny's new license plate?"

(Shhh... we stuck one over his rear plate and he hasn't noticed it for a week.)

You guys are funny! :devil:
-Jimmi

#42 liftmech21

Established User

• Industry II
  • 98 Posts:
  • Interests:Out doors, hiking, camping, skiing, ski lifts. I am in the army as 11 Bravo (infantry) I love shooting, weapons, UFC, drinking too much beer

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

thank god i haven't driven it for a week...... :nono:
John J.
--liftmech21@hotmail.com

#43 Duck

Mechanical Designer

• 391 Posts:
  • Interests:-Snowboarding and lifts :)<br />-Transportation Technology<br />-Windturbines<br />-Amusement Rides and Technology<br />-Industrial Automation and Robotics (the industry in which I am employed)<br />-Minimoto

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:08 AM

View Posttcs, on Mar 3 2006, 07:39 PM, said:

Canada seems to have a lot more "pictographs" along their hiways then the U.S. has.

Here are two of my favourites, from on a trip out to Tremblant in Quebec:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dunno why, but they both had me cracking up. :)

-Iain

#44 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:45 AM

Me too. Good find.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

#45 LiftTech

Established User

• Industry II
  • 281 Posts:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:41 AM

Attached File  18.jpg (17.43K)
Number of downloads: 47

#46 Kicking Horse

Established User

• Industry I
  • 3,071 Posts:
  • Interests:Chairlifts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

View PostLiftTech, on Jan 31 2007, 10:41 AM, said:

And what "Machine" is that?
Jeff

#47 Callao

Established User

• Industry I
  • 429 Posts:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

Here's one from Southern Utah University, where I go to school:
Attached File  IMG_3536.JPG (767.56K)
Number of downloads: 19

No idea---I haven't seen a mule anywhere.

#48 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:15 AM

View PostKicking Horse, on Jan 31 2007, 09:32 PM, said:

And what "Machine" is that?

Any machine will do.

#49 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#50 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

:thumbsup:

#51 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:37 AM

Time Out !

There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#52 tirefireking

Established User

• Industry II
  • 36 Posts:

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:42 PM

oh yeah

Attached File(s)

#53 skier14

Established User

• Industry II
  • 154 Posts:

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

:smile:

Attached File(s)

#54 Ontariodude

the suicidalskier of Muskoka

• 241 Posts:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

Attached File  DSC00962.JPG (41.12K)
Number of downloads: 71

This was taken 5 days ago from my trip to Quebec (Le Massif and Mont-Ste.-Anne). Minimum 60? U'd be roadkill if you went that slow. The average speed people travelled from what I remember is 120km/h although there were alot of cops out on Autoroute 20 from Montreal to Quebec City so everyone went 110:thumbsup: . Slowest car we saw: 75km/h just outside Montreal on A-30 :tongue: .
- Bill

#55 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostOntariodude, on Mar 15 2007, 09:10 AM, said:

This was taken 5 days ago from my trip to Quebec (Le Massif and Mont-Ste.-Anne). Minimum 60? U'd be roadkill if you went that slow. The average speed people travelled from what I remember is 120km/h although there were alot of cops out on Autoroute 20 from Montreal to Quebec City so everyone went 110:thumbsup: . Slowest car we saw: 75km/h just outside Montreal on A-30 :tongue: .

I was almost made roadkill when driving across Alberta two years ago and I was going 110, the speed limit.

Those minimum/maximum signs in downtown Denver on I-25 look like a cruel joke when youre stuck in traffic. At those times the 40 MPH minimum is about double the speed that traffic flows. I sure love the mountains :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by poloxskier: 15 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

-Bryan

Theres a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#56 Lift Kid

Minnesota Skier!

• Industry I
  • 1,333 Posts:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

View Postpoloxskier, on Mar 15 2007, 01:33 PM, said:

I was almost made roadkill when driving across Alberta two years ago and I was going 110, the speed limit.

Those minimum/maximum signs in downtown Denver on I-25 look like a cruel joke when youre stuck in traffic. At those times the 40 MPH minimum is about double the speed that traffic flows. I sure love the mountains :thumbsup:

I hate the Denver traffic. :cursing: You sit there for almost an hour in rush hour just to get going up the mountain. But I-70 in the mountains is knarly in a blizzard. :shocking:

#57 spunkyskier01

industry trainee

• Industry II
  • 379 Posts:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

the drive from Niagara falls to Port Huron Michigan we were driving around 120-140 kilometers/hr, i don't see how people can drive that fast, especially on that stretch of road, i nearly dropped the suspension of my car trying to keep with the pace of traffic.
Everything is just loop-de-loops and flibertyjibbit

#58 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

View PostLift Kid, on Mar 15 2007, 04:12 PM, said:

I hate the Denver traffic. :cursing: You sit there for almost an hour in rush hour just to get going up the mountain. But I-70 in the mountains is knarly in a blizzard. :shocking:

I-70 isn't that bad but I guess its all in what you get used to.
-Bryan

Theres a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#59 Ontariodude

the suicidalskier of Muskoka

• 241 Posts:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:30 AM

This is a bit off-topic but the European Union is asking the nation of Germany to impose a speed limit on their Autobahn series of highways. It's not because of safety but because of global warming. Cars use much more fuel when trevelling at say 220km/h rather than 130km/h (80mph) which is actuallly the European Union's proposed speed limit for the Autobahn. I wonder if Germany will agree :unsure:

As for driving in Ontario, people usually go a good deal faster than the speed limit but that is normal for Canada. On the weeekend if the traffic volume is moderate, its not rare for people going 130 - 135 on a 100 zone. But then again, many of Ontario's highways are in fairly good condition although some need work (ex. parts of the 401, 402 and 417). In Quebec, I noticed how the increased police pressence slowed people down. I don't know if it was a special week for them but it seemed as if there were alot of cops out. Then again if you go fast in Quebec watch out... the road infrastructure is seeming to crumble away in some areas.

My best story of the lack of police pressense on Ontario's highways is during one late evening on the Queen Elizabeth Way (expressway from Toronto to Fort Erie - Buffalo, NY) where traffic was flowing at a steady 125km/h but the volume was fairly high. All of the sudden, a group of about 10 Ducatis, Hondas, and Yamaha superbikes started whizzing by going between cars and weeving through cars like it was a game. I sware it could have been from a movie set :unsure: :shocking:

While in Michigan awhile back, I noticed that people seemed to follow the speed limits quite closely.

My off-topic 2cents

Oh here is another sign. It's not really funny although where else do you see a sign with street names honouring a founder of Canadian Beer and a world-renowned genius (at the same time).

Attached File  DSC01275__size_edit_.JPG (147.96K)
Number of downloads: 146

Taken on km139 of A-40-73 in Quebec, Quebec.

Will T. (ontariodude)
- Bill

#60 Lift Kid

Minnesota Skier!

• Industry I
  • 1,333 Posts:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

View Postpoloxskier, on Mar 15 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

I-70 isn't that bad but I guess its all in what you get used to.

I know. But the 3.5 hour trip from where I-70 was in the foot hills to the Dillon Exit is pretty bad if you ask me. That was during the 2nd blizzard of the 3 in a row this year.

5 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users