40 replies to this topic

#1 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may know, we have been busy working on the new Skilifts.org, a more user friendly and dynamically driven website.

Progress on the new site has been slow, but we are making headway every week and since the overall look/layout is finished, I thought I would give you guys a sneak peak of what it looks like.

Attached File  site.jpg (334.69K)
Number of downloads: 312

BTW, The Skilifts.org logo you see on the website is just a place holder, we will be introducing a new logo as we develop the website.
- Cameron

#2 Bill

Founder

• Administrator II
  • 2,851 Posts:

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Where is the LIKE option? Oh wait this board isn't Facebook. :)
- Bill

#3 iceberg210

Bald Eagle Lifts: Defying Gravity

• Administrator II
  • 1,050 Posts:
  • Interests:42

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

Awesome stuff Cameron! I'm very excited for the new site, it's looking great!!!
Erik Berg
http://www.baldeaglelifts.com

#4 RyanNugent

New User

• 16 Posts:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

This is great! Can't wait to see it in full. Any idea of the release? Not to rush or anything :)

#5 coskibum

Established User

• Industry II
  • 596 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, Running, Mountain Biking, Baseball, Hiking, ski history, and Chairlifts.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

those new gallery pictures look familiar!

#6 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

View PostRyanNugent, on 24 March 2010 - 03:46 PM, said:

This is great! Can't wait to see it in full. Any idea of the release? Not to rush or anything :)

It hard to say when the site will be launched as it's going to take some time to compile all the lift stats into the new database and redo all the lift photos. However, before the new site is launched, I want it to be 'close' to all the offerings of the current site. So if you want to look at pictures of the lifts at Vail, the new site is going to have those up at launch date than having to wait for them to be put back up.

The plan is also to integrate the site and forum together, so you will only need to have 1 user account. This will allow users special access to areas on the website that won't be available to others depending on your Industry Level.
- Cameron

#7 ewillso7

Established User

• 37 Posts:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

everything looks great! Phenomenal job!

#8 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Thanks and if anyone has any ideas or things they think would be good for the new site, please post below and we will do our best to incorporate them.
- Cameron

#9 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

View PostSkiBachelor, on 25 March 2010 - 07:15 PM, said:

Thanks and if anyone has any ideas or things they think would be good for the new site, please post below and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Looks like you're thinking of using the 35mm film approach to the header. Will you use the overlay?
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#10 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hi Bud,

Are you referring to having text and additional images on top of the current header?

If so, I tried having some content displayed on it, but it wasn't very appealing. BTW, the header will automatically rotate itself every week so there is something fresh up!
- Cameron

#11 thairston96

Established User

• 33 Posts:
  • Interests:skilifts, trains, photography, film

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

This is just awesome. Can't wait for the new site.
Thanks for all the great lift info over the years. Keep up the great work!
-Tim

#12 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

If any of you have some spare time and would like to help work on the new site, I have setup a Google Docs spreadsheet for helping identifying the names of lifts currently N/A in our Lift Installation Surveys.

Lift Installation Surveys
http://www.skilifts..../install_na.htm

Google Docs Lift Identification spreadsheet
http://spreadsheets....hQTzA2Znc&hl=en

Your help is greatly appreciated!
- Cameron

#13 NAC

New User

• 5 Posts:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

I love the new look. It's very clean and professional, not that the old one isn't.

#14 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Thanks, I've been spending a lot of time making the new website very clean and functional.

I wish it was up by now, but I've been so swamped with high priority tasks that the site has been on the back burner.

Here is the latest sneak peak of the website.

Attached File  v2.jpg (339.58K)
Number of downloads: 116

There is now a PayPal donate button which is pretty slick (slides down when the mouse cursor hovers over it), along with a few CSS changes. I may add a few social networking icons at the bottom above the Email: submit@skilifts.org.
- Cameron

#15 iceberg210

• Administrator II
  • 1,050 Posts:
  • Interests:42

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Looking awesome Cameron! Every time I see the latest version I'm constantly impressed. Really great job, can't wait for it to be up.
Erik Berg
http://www.baldeaglelifts.com

#16 Guest_boyercam12_*

• Visiting Guest

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:25 AM

Do you use wordpress?

What do you do if you want to help?

Looks FAB

#17 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

The new website is integrated with PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Prototype and a small amount of Ajax.

We are fortunate that a few of our administrators are web programmers and do help with the website. However, we are always looking for additional help since this website is so expansive.

Boycam12, what programming languages are you familiar with?
- Cameron

#18 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

For those running Microsoft IE 8 or 9, I'm sad to inform you that at this time, the new Skilifts.org website will not function correctly with your browser.

It appears that there is a glitch in the browser itself (not the website) that causes IE to display an error message when running jQuery.

However, I have had no problems with the new website in Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.

Hopefully jQuery will have a solution for this IE glitch.
- Cameron

#19 Nor'eastSkier

Established User

• 65 Posts:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

Not to rush anything, but how has work on the site been progressing?

#20 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

I have continued to focus on resizing all the photos for the new site in my spare time. However, since I have taken the liberty to run a local non-profit, It's put me behind schedule more than I would like to be.

On a side note, I will be resigning from Willamette Pass Resort at the of this week and this may allow me to make some substantial progress in the coming months.
- Cameron

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users