Keystone, CO Wayback Express HSQ or HSS
Keystone, CO Argintine/Argintine Express Double, Triple, or Quad or HSQ
Breckenridge, CO Colorado Superchair HSQ, HSS or HSE
Breckenridge, CO Chair 6 replacement HSQ
Deer Valley, UT Deer Crest Express HSQ
Deer Valley, UT Mayflower Express HSQ
Park City, UT Town/Town Express Quad, HSQ, or HSS
Park City, UT Gondola HSG6 or HSG8

(Snowmass Mountain Improvements on http://www.aspensnowmass.com/images/genera...mprovements.pdf )

This post has been edited by Warren733: 09 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

#2 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

View PostWarren733, on Aug 9 2006, 04:46 PM, said:

Here's some Possible lifts for 2008:

(Not Guarenteed)

Keystone, CO River Run Gondola (LP or DC) HSG6 or HSG8
Snowmass, CO Ski School Lift HSQ
Snowmass, CO Burnt Mountain Quad
Snowmass, CO Big Burn HSS
Snowmass, CO Sam's Knob HSS
Steamboat, CO Cristie Express HSS
Breckenridge, CO Falcon Superchair HSQ or HSS
Arapahoe Basin, CO Exibition Express HSQ
Arapahoe Basin, CO Montezuma Basin Lift#1
Arapahoe Basin, CO Montezuma Basin Lift#2

(Snowmass Mountain Improvements on http://www.aspensnowmass.com/images/genera...mprovements.pdf )

Keystone, CO Ida Belle replacement HSQ
Keystone, CO East Bowl HSS
Neither are set in stone but both are possible for 2008.

This post has been edited by poloxskier: 09 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

-Bryan

Theres a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#3 skiersage

SAM student

• Administrator I
  • 858 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:04 PM

View PostWarren733, on Aug 9 2006, 08:46 PM, said:

Here's some Possible lifts for 2008:

(Not Guarenteed)

Keystone, CO River Run Gondola (LP or DC) HSG6 or HSG8
Snowmass, CO Ski School Lift HSQ
Snowmass, CO Burnt Mountain Quad
Snowmass, CO Big Burn HSS
Snowmass, CO Sam's Knob HSS
Steamboat, CO Cristie Express HSS
Breckenridge, CO Falcon Superchair HSQ or HSS
Arapahoe Basin, CO Exibition Express HSQ
Arapahoe Basin, CO Montezuma Basin Lift#1
Arapahoe Basin, CO Montezuma Basin Lift#2

as far as snowmass improvements go:

They are not planning on replacing big burn with a HSS. Only a HSQ but it may be longer.

There is no such thing as the Sams Knob HSS either. They originnaly were gonna call the Village express the sams knob express. but when they decided to call it the village express, people got confused and they still think there is a sams knob express, but there isn't.

ski school lift is definatly possible

Burnt mountain lift is just a proposal as of now. there are no plans to install it yet although if it got aproval soon it could happen.

also there may be the teocalli bowl lift at Crested Butte.
-Sage

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And then find someone whose life is giving them vodka and have a party.
-Ron White

#4 vons

Established User

• Industry II
  • 940 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

Snowmass next few years that I know from Snowmass as likely
summer 07 Ski school lift above the gondola heding tward the top of Nakid lady, permits have alredy been approved
summer 08 Sheer bliss HSQ
summer 09 Big burn upgrade, to what? HSQ,HSS
the burnt mtn lift is on hold unsure of its future

I am not sure abut Falcon Super Chair they have recently upgraded a lot systems on that lift to just ditch it a few years later

#5 Warren733

Established User

• 91 Posts:
  • Interests:Chairlifts, Houses, Skiing, Engineering

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

Wolf Laurel, Cataloochee, or Hawksnest, NC could get some new Lifts, espacially Wolf Laurel because it's seen many Lift upgrades. Or Beech MTN.,NC could see some uprades, after all, they owned the only gondola in the state of NC and now, they have the only HSQ in the state of NC, that replaced the Calvero Savio Gondola.

This post has been edited by Warren733: 09 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

#6 Jonni

Dreams drive the world.

• Administrator I
  • 849 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

Sunapee may have the go ahead for the replacement of the Sun Bowl Quad with a HSQ by 2008 but I doubt it.
Chairlift n. A transportation system found at most ski areas in which a series of chairs suspended from a cable rapidly conveys anywhere from one to eight skiers from the front of one line to the back of another.

Your Northeastern US Representative

#7 highspeedquad

Fixed grip hater, L-P lover.

• 764 Posts:

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

View Postvons, on Aug 9 2006, 07:15 PM, said:

I am not sure abut Falcon Super Chair they have recently upgraded a lot systems on that lift to just ditch it a few years later

I agree. Didn't they recently add a tire system to replace the chain cadence?

I hope they don't replace Looking Glass at WP, it's a nice lift that serves the area well, I think. I like it.
My life or my chocolate: Give me a minute, I'm thinking.

Isn't it odd that "politics" is made up of the word "poli" meaning many, and "tics" meaning blood-sucking creatures?

#8 Warren733

Established User

• 91 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:50 AM

I Love Looking Glass, Too.

Peru Express is a pretty important lift. Why doesn't Vail Upgrade it to a Chondola (HSQ/HSG4) Argintine would be more important if it was upgraded to a HSD, HST or HSQ.

This post has been edited by Warren733: 10 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

#9 NoPainNoJane

Established User

• Industry II
  • 169 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

Looking glass will be gone within the next 2 seasons, its reliability is not what it used to be. Also, since WP let go of one of the mechanics that could actually machine parts for the older lifts, there is no one around to make new parts.

#10 Warren733

Established User

• 91 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:08 AM

So, My Prediction was close to being right.

#11 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

View PostWarren733, on Aug 10 2006, 06:50 AM, said:

I Love Looking Glass, Too. Peru Express is a pretty important lift. Why doesn't Vail Upgrade it to a Chondola
(HSQ/HSG4), or a HSS. Montezuma Express is also pretty important. Why not upgrade to a HSS? Argintine would be more important if it was upgraded to a HSD, HST or HSQ.

If Vail Resorts replaced Montezuma and Peru with detachable six-packs, could you imagine the slope congestion on those runs? However, there is also the possibility of there being less congestion since more people would have problems loading the lift which means it would be stopping all the time.
- Cameron

#12 Warren733

Established User

• 91 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

The Peru Chondola Would be a better Idea, anyway.
I don't Like how Peru Express, Montezuma Express, and Outback Express look. They are 1989-1991 style Doppelmayr HSQ's that I think look ugly, but not as ugly as 1980's HSQ's.
Peru Ex and Monezuma Ex are 1990, Outback Ex is 1991.

This post has been edited by Warren733: 10 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

#13 coskibum

Established User

• Industry II
  • 596 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, Running, Mountain Biking, Baseball, Hiking, ski history, and Chairlifts.

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

i don't think the front side of keystone can handle any more capacity. the trails are already too crowded as it is. if anything, id bet they replace the von roll gondola with another similar system and maybe they'll add that lift to the left of river run they've been talking about.

it would be nice to see an additional lift in the bowls behind the outback though, hope that happens.

#14 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

The current plans for the gondola are up in the air, the higher ups are evaluating the possibility of replacement or extensive modifications, including relocating the bottom terminal to the other side of the creek(which has already been approved). The lift to the east of river run is much higher priority than a bowl lift unfortunately, since the snow cat operation seems to be fairly well set for now. And yes Keystones front face is way to overcrowded as it is, other than a possible replacement of a lift with one of similar capacity would be in my opinion a horrible idea.
-Bryan

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#15 skierdude9450

Established User

• 1,484 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, sailing, music.

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:30 PM

That's gonna be a lot of stuff in Colorado!!! :biggrin: :smile: :w00t:
-Matt

"Today's problems cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

#16 Warren733

Established User

• 91 Posts:

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:17 AM

View Postpoloxskier, on Aug 10 2006, 10:02 PM, said:

The current plans for the gondola are up in the air, the higher ups are evaluating the possibility of replacement or extensive modifications, including relocating the bottom terminal to the other side of the creek(which has already been approved). The lift to the east of river run is much higher priority than a bowl lift unfortunately, since the snow cat operation seems to be fairly well set for now. And yes Keystones front face is way to overcrowded as it is, other than a possible replacement of a lift with one of similar capacity would be in my opinion a horrible idea.

If they got rid of the Disney Vacation Club Deal, they would have less people.
If they only let two or three people ride to a chair, and four to a Gondola Car on the front side, and four to six to a chair, and six to a gondola on the backside, that would solve overcrowding Problems at Keystone.

This post has been edited by Warren733: 11 August 2006 - 04:22 AM

#17 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:45 AM

View PostWarren733, on Aug 11 2006, 04:17 AM, said:

If they got rid of the Disney Vacation Club Deal, they would have less people.
If they only let two or three people ride to a chair, and four to a Gondola Car on the front side, and four to six to a chair, and six to a gondola on the backside, that would solve overcrowding Problems at Keystone.

Never going to happen though. :cursing:
-Bryan

#18 yetigonecrazy

Established User

• 35 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

2008 is a rough ballpark for the Teo Bowl lift at CB. nobody knows for sure. the new East River HSQ is coming along, and next year will be the updating of Painter Boy and Gold Link from triples to FGQs, and if that goes really well, you might see the Teo Lift next summer too. but if not, it wont be until 2008, and if the red lady lodge construction goes sour during that summer, it might even get pushed back to 2009, which is also their earliest ballpark for the snodgrass expansion!

#19 boardski

Established User

• Industry II
  • 760 Posts:

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:20 AM

View PostNoPainNoJane, on Aug 10 2006, 07:59 AM, said:

Looking glass will be gone within the next 2 seasons, its reliability is not what it used to be. Also, since WP let go of one of the mechanics that could actually machine parts for the older lifts, there is no one around to make new parts.

Last I heard, Looking Glass is to be replaced with parts from the current Sunnyside ('89 Ctec FGT) in '08 along with Arrow. Needless to say either Arrow or Looking Glass will receive a brand new drive and return terminal and problably new chairs. My guess is that Arrow will probably get the newer equipment since it is a main access lift. I still think a HSQ unloading further up allowing for less flat traverse to Eskimo and Prospector would be a better option for Arrow or leaving Zephyr as is (plans are to upgrade to HSS) and have Arrow paralell Zephyr with a mid-unload where the current FGT unloads and continue to the top and unload where the old triple (and double) Eskimo lift unloaded (the lift would turn slightly at the midload station and cross over the current Eskimo lift toward the top). WP also wants to replace Timberline with HSS loading next to the current Sunnyside (Sunnyside would also be upgraded to HSQ at the same time). They mentioned using the current Zephyr HSQ to reinstall to replace the Sunnyside which has to have a ton of hours on it since it runs almost year-round.
All this would give Winter Park a total of 2 brand new lifts, 2 relocated lifts, and 1 almost brand-new lift (only the towers would be reused)= 5 lifts in 1 Summer. The Canyons did something on even more of a grand scale back in '98 however I don't remember any lift project that extensive in WP's history. I wouldn't be surprised if the Timberline is replaced for '08 and the remainder is pushed to '09 or later. Anyone heard any updates??
Skiing since 1977, snowboarding since 1989

#20 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

With Intrawest being one of the main pushers behind this project, do you think that most of it will still happen now that Intrawest is being bought out? From my understanding, Winter Park has quite the debt load and that could make it hard for the city of Denver to take out such a big loan to do this project unless Fortess is going to continue the project.
- Cameron

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users