77 replies to this topic

#61 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

Paradise Chair
Lower Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Paradise__Lower_Station2.jpg (392.52K)
Number of downloads: 33Attached File  Lake_Louise__Paradise__Lower_Station3.jpg (336.5K)
Number of downloads: 23Attached File  Lake_Louise__Paradise__Lower_Station.jpg (423.51K)
Number of downloads: 25nt]
Up Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Paradise__Up_Line.jpg (452.93K)
Number of downloads: 41
-Bryan

Theres a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#62 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

Ptarmigan Chair
Lower Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Lower_Station.jpg (349.74K)
Number of downloads: 27
Up Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Up_Line2.jpg (538.76K)
Number of downloads: 33
Down Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Down_Line.jpg (452.09K)
Number of downloads: 37
Top Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Return_Station.jpg (350.26K)
Number of downloads: 28
Yan Type 10 Grip
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Grip2.jpg (405.43K)
Number of downloads: 25Attached File  Lake_Louise__Ptarmigan__Grip.jpg (193.85K)
Number of downloads: 20
-Bryan

"You could say that a mountain is alot like a woman, once you think you know every inch of her and you're about to dip your skis into some soft, deep powder...Bam, you've got two broken legs, cracked ribs and you pay your $20 just to let her punch your lift ticket all over again"

#63 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

Summit Platter
Up Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Up_Line2.jpg (374.66K)
Number of downloads: 28Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Up_Line.jpg (347.31K)
Number of downloads: 21
Down Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Down_Line.jpg (501.4K)
Number of downloads: 36
Top Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Return_Bullwheel.jpg (161.69K)
Number of downloads: 22Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Top_Station.jpg (198.48K)
Number of downloads: 17
Lower Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Drive_and_Tension_Station2.jpg (546.8K)
Number of downloads: 32Attached File  Lake_Louise__Summit_Platter__Drive_and_Tension_Station.jpg (491.45K)
Number of downloads: 26
-Bryan

#64 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

[U]T-Bar
Summit
Attached File  Lake_Louise__T_Bar___Summit.jpg (505.86K)
Number of downloads: 25
Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__T_Bar__Down_Line.jpg (304.91K)
Number of downloads: 19
Base
Attached File  Lake_Louise__T_Bar__Drive_Station.jpg (472.55K)
Number of downloads: 25
-Bryan

#65 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:57 PM

Top of the World
Up Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Top_of_the_World__Up_Line.jpg (401.21K)
Number of downloads: 41
Down Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Top_of_the_World__Down_Line.jpg (470.62K)
Number of downloads: 33
Top Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Top_of_the_World__Top_Station.jpg (286.61K)
Number of downloads: 42
Base Station
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Top_of_the_World__Lower_Station.jpg (480.18K)
Number of downloads: 30
-Bryan

#66 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

Old Gondola
Up Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Up_Line.jpg (721.25K)
Number of downloads: 55
Down Line
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Down_Line.jpg (491.74K)
Number of downloads: 62
Top Station
Aux Drive Bullwheel
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Aux_Drive_Bullwheel.jpg (394.92K)
Aux Engine
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Aux_Engine.jpg (442.34K)
Number of downloads: 26
Bullwheel Pinion Gear
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Gear_Drive.jpg (238.21K)
Gear Joint
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Gear_Joint.jpg (284.56K)
Number of downloads: 22
Drive Gearbox
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Gearbox2.jpg (427.06K)
Number of downloads: 28Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Gearbox_plaque.jpg (300.74K)
Number of downloads: 35Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Gearbox.jpg (521.18K)
Number of downloads: 23nt]
Service Brake
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Service_Brake.jpg (273.94K)
Number of downloads: 29
Top Station Overview
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Top_Station2.jpg (395.08K)
Number of downloads: 31Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Top_Station3.jpg (440.89K)
Number of downloads: 32Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Top_Station.jpg (490.25K)
Number of downloads: 58nt]
Top Station Turnaround
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Turnaround.jpg (348.74K)
Number of downloads: 30
-Bryan

#67 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:35 PM

More Old Gondola
Lower Station
Cabin Parking
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Cabin_Parking.jpg (276.63K)
Number of downloads: 47
Counterweight Pit
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Counterweight_Pit.jpg (495.89K)
Number of downloads: 36
Electric Drive(Maybe?) Motor
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Electric_Drive_Motor.jpg (535.73K)
Electronic Components
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Electronics_Cabinets.jpg (483.68K)
Turnarround with Grips and Hanger Arms
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Grips__hanger_arms_and_turnarround.jpg (423.29K)
Number of downloads: 41Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Lower_Station__Hanger_Arms_and_Grips.jpg (541.09K)
Number of downloads: 37
Replacement Sheave Storage
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Replacement_Sheaves.jpg (496.96K)
Number of downloads: 28Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Sheave_Storage.jpg (484.97K)
Von Roll Grips
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Von_Roll_Grip3.jpg (365.11K)
Number of downloads: 47Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Von_Roll_Grip.jpg (568.1K)
Number of downloads: 50Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Von_Roll_Grips2.jpg (548.9K)
Number of downloads: 42nt]
Lower Station Exterior
Attached File  Lake_Louise__Old_Gondola__Exterior_of_Base.jpg (730.24K)
Number of downloads: 49
-Bryan

#68 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

The counterweight pit for this gondola is extremely deep. We were not able to see the counterweight in the pit or the bottom with a large maglite. The cable is still on some of the upper towers and where its not up its laid across the ground. This may have changed since then. They said the that the only reason that the cable was removed and spooled up partialy is that the new gondola crosses the line at about the same height.
-Bryan

#69 Zage

Established User

• 358 Posts:

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

I'm just curious Bryan, who let you in the bottom building of the old gondola?

This post has been edited by Zage: 30 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

Tyler.M

#70 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

Rick from mountain ops got a few of the maintenance guys to take me down there and they gave me all the info they knew about it.
-Bryan

#71 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

That's the guy that contacted me back from LL/RCR about the Yan grips.
- Cameron

#72 vonrollskyway1

Established User

• 104 Posts:
  • Interests:vonroll type 101s.from sidechairs to skyrides.i manufacture model vr 101s as a hobby/buisness http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

any idea if we can get a vr 101 grip for museum purposes??is everything still there??
the 1st and still the best.......VonRoll ltd Berne Switzerland!VonRoll Type 101.1945 to 1977.a true lift,a original lift,a pioneer.relive the past...vonroll type 101!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/

#73 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Those pics were taken back in the spring of 05, when I went by in the fall of '07 it appeared that the towers were still there. Since the gondola building was being used for storage and the boneyard is located behind it, and all of the parts had been sitting for quite some time, it is probably unlikely that anything significant has been moved. You would have to contact LL to be sure though.
-Bryan

#74 vonrollskyway1

Established User

• 104 Posts:
  • Interests:vonroll type 101s.from sidechairs to skyrides.i manufacture model vr 101s as a hobby/buisness http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

thank you much.ill contact them very soon.i picked up a old cwa cabin recently and i want to make a complete gondola.i have other vonroll items as well.i also build model vr 101s..thanks again
robert
the 1st and still the best.......VonRoll ltd Berne Switzerland!VonRoll Type 101.1945 to 1977.a true lift,a original lift,a pioneer.relive the past...vonroll type 101!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/

#75 Lift Dinosaur

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,075 Posts:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

Robert,
When it's tax supported, it's called a MUSEUM. When it is a personal endevour, it's called a SHRINE!
Good luck with your preservation project! :thumbsup:

Dino :wink:
"Things turn out best for the people that make the best of the way things turn out." A.L.

#76 mikest2

Mountain Operations

• Administrator I
  • 1,204 Posts:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

View PostLift Dinosaur, on Sep 18 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

Robert,
When it's tax supported, it's called a MUSEUM. When it is a personal endevour, it's called a SHRINE!
Good luck with your preservation project! :thumbsup:

Dino :wink:

Does that alone make one a Shriner ? Or should we resign ourselves to be museum pieces ?
...Mike

#77 poloxskier

Established User

• Industry I
  • 1,626 Posts:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Also Lake Louise did also have a few cabins from the old gondola sitting in the boneyard, I didn't get a close look at them though so I have no idea of the condition. Good luck with acquiring the parts you desire, it would be nice to see a few older lifts in preserved condition just for the sake of ski history.
-Bryan

#78 vonrollskyway1

Established User

• 104 Posts:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

i filed for tax elimation status in july as a historical piece of aerial transportation..the irs said i need more information on the historical value of the vonroll type 101.like item i have,pictures,books, log books from different vr 101s.so far i have a cwa gondola from a vr 101,the operation manuals for the disneyland skyway.one from 1979 and a very rare one i picked up from a old friend of mine that use to work for vonroll in wattertown new york.the original operation manual from june of 1956 on the vonroll type 101 at disneyland.im still waiting on a responce....thanks for everyones support.

robert
vonroll type 101 grip

Attached File(s)

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users