Ruins of Snoqualmie

24 replies to this topic

#1 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:
  • Interests:Snoqualmie Pass ski areas

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

I got a bunch of pictures at Snoqualmie with old ruins I thought would be interesting.
1. Old tower near Triple 60 now used for a light tower, might be part of the single.
2. This was near the first tower.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Snoqualmie guy: 02 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

- Jeff

Why couldn't they of come up with "Global Cooling"?

#2 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

Sorry all my files for some reason are too big, I'll try to fix this. Anyway this is the counter waight of the old single not sure though.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Snoqualmie guy: 02 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

- Jeff

#3 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

Old foundation near bottom of Triple 60. Looks like a rope tow or something of that sort.

Attached File(s)

- Jeff

#4 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

Foundation of old single chair.

Attached File(s)

- Jeff

#5 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

Standing on the foundation of the single looking up at what used to be the lift line.

Attached File(s)

- Jeff

#6 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:44 PM

Ruins found in the Park HQ area in weeds.

Attached File(s)

- Jeff

#7 JustJeepIt

Established User

• 132 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

Grrrrr! I hate seeing old lifts rot! Those lazy dorks! Is it a dead ski area? Got any more history of the place?

#8 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

Old tower parts in the weeds, could it be from the old Bonanza lift? Also Looking up the old Bonanza liftline, tower is the only one left of the lift.

Attached File(s)

- Jeff

#9 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:25 AM

No this is the Summit at Snoqualmie. It is still in operation and the pictures are mostly of the single chair they used to have. It was installed in '48 (?) and has been gone for while. As for the old lift in the weeds, they will most likely be used for Central park as rails, boxes, etc...
- Jeff

#10 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

Snoqualmie and Ski Acres pulled lifts down and left them where they lay. The re-used several lift towers as light standards, especially if they already had lights on them.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

#11 Limelight

Established User

• Industry I
  • 314 Posts:

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

Are there any parts from the Alpine double laying around? I operated that lift for a year.

#12 Peter

Established User

• 4,314 Posts:

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

Here is the liftline with a few towers...

Attached File(s)

- Peter<br />
Liftblog.com

#13 EagleAce

Established User

• Industry I
  • 716 Posts:
  • Interests:driving large trucks and learning all that I can about lifts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:28 AM

:kewlpics: When I was at Badger taking pics last month I saw the remains of the foundation of the Riblet that used to be there. It was replaced in '86 by the Yan triple.

#14 Snoqualmie guy

Snoqualmie guy

• 1,065 Posts:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

One or two towers of Alpine still has the sheaves on it. I've looked for the foundation, but have never found it.
- Jeff

#15 Limelight

Established User

• Industry I
  • 314 Posts:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

Yeah I used to operate both the Alpine and Bonanza lift. Would love to find an old sheave or something. Does anyone have some old pics of those lifts???

#16 andyh1962

Established User

• Industry II
  • 62 Posts:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

View PostSkier, on Sep 4 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Here is the liftline with a few towers...

Note to people uploading files biger than 750K bytes, I use dial up to see this site. I don't even bother opening your files because your big files hang my computer (when I try to open the file, the down load time takes so long, it seems the computer is hung, and I have a fast modern computer.) Besides you are being inconsiderate of the people who pay for the hosting of this site by needlessly filling up disk space with 3 meg files when the same file could be created at a lower resolution. HINT: take the picture with your camera set to the lowest resolution possible. What you do with big pictures on disk space YOU PAY FOr, is your business. Most of us are interested in seeing your pictures, so if you want us to see, enjoy and comment, please set your camera to lowest resolution possible, before taking the pictures.

there now, I have vented. thanks for your continuing contributions. I do not represent "Management" on this site. :smile:

This post has been edited by andyh1962: 05 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

#17 skier2

Established User

• 496 Posts:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:02 PM

View Postandyh1962, on Sep 5 2007, 12:51 PM, said:

Note to people uploading files biger than 750K bytes, I use dial up to see this site. I don't even bother opening your files because your big files hang my computer (when I try to open the file, the down load time takes so long, it seems the computer is hung, and I have a fast modern computer.) Besides you are being inconsiderate of the people who pay for the hosting of this site by needlessly filling up disk space with 3 meg files when the same file could be created at a lower resolution. HINT: take the picture with your camera set to the lowest resolution possible. What you do with big pictures on disk space YOU PAY FOr, is your business. Most of us are interested in seeing your pictures, so if you want us to see, enjoy and comment, please set your camera to lowest resolution possible, before taking the pictures.

there now, I have vented. thanks for your continuing contributions. I do not represent "Management" on this site. :smile:

That's why things get archived and deleted over time. Dial up is not common anymore. If it takes too much time for your files to load, its not others being inconsiderate--actually, those people are being considerate of the people who would like to see full size images. Anyway, this is off topic so...

#18 hyak.net

Established User

• 346 Posts:
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Basketball, Ski History....

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

View Postskier2, on Sep 5 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

That's why things get archived and deleted over time. Dial up is not common anymore. If it takes too much time for your files to load, its not others being inconsiderate--actually, those people are being considerate of the people who would like to see full size images. Anyway, this is off topic so...

If you go through the weekly photo's on my site from 1998/99 I have some Bonanza/Alpine chair removal and quad install pics. This was the first year I began the weekly pic thing so the photo's are not of the best quality, and my camera was a 640-480. Here is a shot I took just before they started the removal (you can see some digging for the new quad inbetween.

http://hyak.net/cam9899/acreshsq.gif

#19 EagleAce

Established User

• Industry I
  • 716 Posts:
  • Interests:driving large trucks and learning all that I can about lifts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

View Postandyh1962, on Sep 5 2007, 12:51 PM, said:

yet it says max file size allowed is 300k when I upload something. I don't understand why some people can upload big files while some can't :unsure: I understand your frustrations with dial up. Not all areas have hi-speed yet. It took a few years to get it in my parents' area. I use the "Save for web" option in Photoshop whenever I work with pictures.

This post has been edited by EagleAce: 05 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

#20 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

Perhaps we need to start a new topic on this somewhere, but for now- I also use dial-up. I shrink my photos to 900x600 when I post them- you don't need Photoshop, most computers with Windows 98 or later have a basic digital photo editor on them. Considering that most monitors are still in the 1200x950 range or so- I don't think it's necessary to post large-format photos. We're not Flickr, and I don't think we need such resolution.

Now let's get back on topic.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users