Custom made ski boots?

6 replies to this topic

#1 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hi friends-
This year will see me return to the slopes after having to take many years off due to health complications. One of which was having some bone resceted in my left foot due to a bad MRSA/STAPH infection. As a result, my left foot often swells up which is going to cause an issue for me. Have any of you folks ever heard of any custom made ski boot manufacturers?

Thanks
Ryan

#2 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

The only one I know of is Surefoot, but I'd be willing to bet if you made some inquiries at a reputable shop they'd know more. Good to hear you're back on the hill!
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

#3 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

What do you think Surefoot could do for me?

Attached File  14yr ago.jpg (544.42K)
Number of downloads: 40
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#4 CH3skier

Established User

• 364 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, Drag Racing, River running

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

There is Daleboot here in Salt Lake.

http://www.dalebootusa.com/home.html

#5 RibStaThiok

Established User

• 1,057 Posts:

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions. I'll check into that. I've got a MAJOR weight loss and increased cardio fitness goal and program that starts tomorrow so that I can hit the slopes being under 250 lbs to save as much wear and tear on my joints and foot as possible.

Bud/Max- What options have you been able to find thus far?
Ryan

#6 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

RibStaThiok, on 17 July 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions. I'll check into that. I've got a MAJOR weight loss and increased cardio fitness goal and program that starts tomorrow so that I can hit the slopes being under 250 lbs to save as much wear and tear on my joints and foot as possible.

Bud/Max- What options have you been able to find thus far?

I was just kidding. I do not - nor have I ever - skied. I'm happy to be able to walk.
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#7 timberlaker

New User

• Industry II
  • 143 Posts:
  • Interests:waking up

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

Surefoot has done my work for years. I'm for them (insert thumbs up picture here)

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users