Forum update feature

5 replies to this topic

#1 aimbrig

Established User

• 30 Posts:

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone subscribe to a particular forum and do you get the daily updates sent from skilifts.org?

I used to get the updates but I no longer receive them anymore? I have inquired with a few of the admins but have not gotten very far. I always enjoyed the daily updates that I would get, wish they would work again.

Also, has anyone tried to log into the forum through facebook? I tried but only received an error.

I feel like even though people are posting some great stuff on the website in the General Forum, the website itself has not been maintained or updated in quite some time.

Title changed to better reflect content - Forum admin
If it has vertical, put a lift up it.

#2 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

10-4
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#3 SkiBachelor

Forum Administrator

• Administrator II
  • 6,242 Posts:
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Cameron!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I do want to apologize in regards to my absence on the forums lately. My absence is not that I have lost interest on this site, but I've been having to deal with a lot of personal and business related issues lately involving a number of things which has prevented me from maintaining this website like I once did.

Some of the issues I've had to deal with lately include:
  • My mom and I have recently had to place my father into a retirement home due to the severity of this vascular dementia. This has caused me to spend more time with him since he's no longer at home and having to take him to his doctors appointments and other matters.
  • Since my dad is no longer home to run the ranch/farm, I have had to take on this task which is a lot of work for one person.
  • In addition, I run the local ski club at Willamette Pass Resort (WARP -warpracing.org) and I have been busy closing our current fiscal year and preparing for the new one. In addition, we have several summer events at Willamette Pass Resort that I have been having to organize. These include everything from downhill mountain bike races to serving dinner aboard the gondola at Willamette Pass Resort.
  • Our program director for WARP has just been restricted from providing or receiving any services at Willamette Pass Resort. This has caused a big shake up that I must deal with ASAP.
  • I've been busy trying to start my own career as a web developer/designer which has caused me to focus my web skills on other projects.

I hope to start progress on the new Skilifts.org website in mid-September when WARP goes into sleep mode for two months.

Thanks for the patience in regards to this matter and I do apologize for the site going a little stale while I've been away dealing with other matters.
- Cameron

#4 LiftTech

Established User

• Industry II
  • 281 Posts:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostSkiBachelor, on 19 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I do want to apologize in regards to my absence on the forums lately. My absence is not that I have lost interest on this site, but I've been having to deal with a lot of personal and business related issues lately involving a number of things which has prevented me from maintaining this website like I once did.

Some of the issues I've had to deal with lately include:
  • My mom and I have recently had to place my father into a retirement home due to the severity of this vascular dementia. This has caused me to spend more time with him since he's no longer at home and having to take him to his doctors appointments and other matters.
  • Since my dad is no longer home to run the ranch/farm, I have had to take on this task which is a lot of work for one person.
  • In addition, I run the local ski club at Willamette Pass Resort (WARP -warpracing.org) and I have been busy closing our current fiscal year and preparing for the new one. In addition, we have several summer events at Willamette Pass Resort that I have been having to organize. These include everything from downhill mountain bike races to serving dinner aboard the gondola at Willamette Pass Resort.
  • Our program director for WARP has just been restricted from providing or receiving any services at Willamette Pass Resort. This has caused a big shake up that I must deal with ASAP.
  • I've been busy trying to start my own career as a web developer/designer which has caused me to focus my web skills on other projects.

I hope to start progress on the new Skilifts.org website in mid-September when WARP goes into sleep mode for two months.

Thanks for the patience in regards to this matter and I do apologize for the site going a little stale while I've been away dealing with other matters.

Family comes first Cameron.

#5 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hey, it's cool. Do what you need to do.
This site moves along just fine when its contributors contribute. This has not gone so well lately.
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#6 Kelly

Established User

• Administrator II
  • 3,085 Posts:

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

ambrig:
Thank you for your post – this topic is now being discussed by the forum moderators – as a note the moderator group is located from all different parts of North America and come from industry backgrounds. Full responses may take a number of weeks due to diverse schedules. Feel free to read the older topics as they are still pertinent in today’s world.
Kelly
www.ropetech.org

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users