Signatures - Suggestions as to content

No replies to this topic

#1 Bill

Founder

• Administrator II
  • 2,852 Posts:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Skilifts.org 'Guidelines' Regarding Signatures

Quite frankly, I don't want to put up any 'guidelines' on signatures. This is a site we want to relax at and not have to deal with the downright sillyness of '460 px by 100 px with 3 lines of text and no bold but you can having red color but not blue' nonsense I've seen elsewhere.

As a result, I'm not putting any hard defined rule on signatures out there. I just don't want to, our mods don't want to (let's face it - why should they waste time enforcing silly signature guidelines which just frustrate everyone in the end), and our members don't want to.

HOWEVER, from time to time we do spot a signature that we believe is excessive - when you DON'T have specific guidelines, this is inevitable, and bound to happen. The member isn't blamed - since there are no guidelines, they won't know what's acceptable and unacceptable.

When this happens, a moderator will contact you asking you to tone the signature down a bit, and giving you ample time to do so yourself (before we are foced to). Nobody wants to scroll 2 page lengths past signatures, and nobody should have to. We give you freedom - just don't abuse it.

So at the end of the day, if a mod asks you to tone the sig down a bit, please just do so. If you think you are being singled out let me know, but I assure you, in 95% of cases where a member thinks this they are mistaken, and I will support the moderator 100%. So if you are only going to contact me to complain about their decision, rather than with a bona fide complaint about the way the moderator handled it - save your time.

We don't like punishment, and have worked hard against it. Thus far we have had almost no bannings, mod que requirements, and very few warnings (i.e. less than 5 warnings across all members). We'd like to keep it that way, so please just respect our wishes and tone down your sig if we tell you it's too large.

Thanks!

Skilifts.org Staff
- Bill

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users