YanTrak at Mammother (The "Toaster")

Yan yantrak peoplemover toaster mammoth

5 replies to this topic

#1 JackTurner

New User

• 1 Posts:
  • Interests:my websites:<br />www.sirdar.com<br />www.skination.com<br />www.snowmonsters.com<br />I am also former member / coach of U.S. Ski Team

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

Does anyone have a photo of the YanTrack people mover that was at Mammoth? It was affectionately called the "Toaster" because the cars looked like a toaster. I have a photo of the elevated track, but I need one of the cars.

If you can post here and email a copy to Skier@SkiNation.com you will be my new best friend.

Thanks for your help.

#2 Emax

Established User

• Industry II
  • 2,904 Posts:

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

Most of the former Polish Mafia would rather forget that era. Try Ken Pearson at Pearson Parts and Service.

This post has been edited by Emax: 25 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians. Georges Pompidou

#3 jaytrem

Established User

• 217 Posts:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

There might be a picture in the Mammoth coffee table book. It's listed in the index.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0878425152

#4 AlphaBet

Established User

• 31 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

I think there's one if you scroll down to the "Lift Engineering" section about halfway down this page: http://sisyan.com/

#5 Mike12164

Established User

• 54 Posts:
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, skiing... skiing?

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

There's also an image of what appears to be either the Redline and/or or Quicksilver lift at Whistler... not exactly something I'd want to publicly lay claim to, rather odd thing to put on your website if you ask me.

#6 liftmech

lift mechanic

• Administrator II
  • 5,916 Posts:
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:25 AM

It was part of his history, I don't find it that odd.
Member, Department of Ancient Technology, Colorado chapter.

1 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users