←  Skilifts.org Technical Discussions

Skilifts.org / SORT Forum

»

Chondola/Telemix

SkiKC's Photo SkiKC 01 Jan 2019

How is terminal spacing generally done on telemix/chondola lifts? I finally got out to Copper to ride the new Eagle, and the spacing through terminals was a little different than what I'm used to. Are all carriers on the cabin ingress/egress sides of the terminals slowed down to a greater degree? Maybe to facilitate loading/unloading on foot? It seemed weird to see 3-4 chairs pile up really close together on one side near a cabin and somewhat more evenly-spaced chairs on the opposite (outbound) side.

On the other hand, a much needed improvement. Glad to finally see a gondi come to Copper, even if chairs had to be part of the mix.

Vincen's Photo Vincen 01 Jan 2019

Yep you are right, slow speed in station is different for cabins and chairs in Telemix system, cabins are going more slowly as less easy to go in/out than chairs !

Yooper Skier's Photo Yooper Skier 02 Jan 2019

The gearing of the conveyer is slower on the cabin side to allow for loading/unloading and faster on chair side. Both cabins and chairs are equally slowed down. Ours is the incoming at the bottom and outgoing at the top. Haven't seen a Poma one up close, but I can't imagine it being too different.

Vincen's Photo Vincen 02 Jan 2019

View PostYooper Skier, on 02 January 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

The gearing of the conveyer is slower on the cabin side to allow for loading/unloading and faster on chair side. Both cabins and chairs are equally slowed down. Ours is the incoming at the bottom and outgoing at the top. Haven't seen a Poma one up close, but I can't imagine it being too different.

Nope it's similar and your description is more clear than mine (sorry not english native !).

Petz's Photo Petz 26 Dec 2019

Also two automatic switch splitted different tracks are a possibility like shown here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=DjZMPAHYRw0

2milehi's Photo 2milehi 31 Dec 2019

What a maintenance nightmare when there are rails that switch. I worked on Quicksilver in Breck. When it goes bad, it goes really bad.